GEORGE BOUTIQUE HOTEL - MIRAMAR HOTEL REVIEWS.
George Boutique Hotel
- Boutique hotel is a term popularized in North America and the United Kingdom to describe intimate, usually luxurious or quirky hotel environments.
- (Boutique Hotels) This term refers to any hotel with less than 50 rooms. Originally, Boutique Hotels were small establishments possessing a high element of creativity, and their owners, often designers or second hand goods dealers, would leave the decorative objects in the rooms up for sale.
- A small stylish hotel, typically one situated in a fashionable urban location
- (Boutique hotels) Small unique hotels that are distinguished by their level of personalised service and individual style, p407.
- The name of four kings of Great Britain and Ireland, one of Great Britain and Ireland (from 1920, of the United Kingdom), and one of the United Kingdom
- George I (1660–1727), great-grandson of James I; reigned 1714–27; elector of Hanover 1698–1727. The first British sovereign of the house of Hanover, he was unpopular in England because of his German manners and his inability to speak English
- King of Great Britain and Ireland and emperor of India from 1936 to 1947; he succeeded Edward VIII (1895-1952)
- Christian martyr; patron saint of England; hero of the legend of Saint George and the Dragon in which he slew a dragon and saved a princess (?-303)
- George II (1683–1760), son of George I; reigned 1727–60; elector of Hanover 1727–60. He took an active part in the War of the Austrian Succession 1740–48
- King of Great Britain and Ireland and Hanover from 1820 to 1830; his attempt to divorce his estranged wife undermined the prestige of the Crown (1762-1830)
Ruijin Hotel-Marshall House entrance
Marshall house's histrory:
During the 1920s, the original owner likely spent considerable time reviewing the design for what must have been her "dream house." Most sources indicate that an English noblewoman named Marcus first lived here. However, the style of the house is very much French, with its Mansard roof, French windows, and eclectic interior, which uses the fleur de lis motif in many of the architectural details.
The house was requisitioned by the Japanese Imperial Army during their occupation of Shanghai from 1941-45.
After the surrender of the Japanese, the house was made available for tense and critical talks between the Nationalist government of Chiang Kai-Shek and representatives of the Communist movement led by Mao Zedong. It was the broker of these talks, dispatched by the U.S. government in the mid-1940s, General George C. Marshall, whose name is more often associated with the house. Despite the association, General Marshall was in China for only about one year as he left China in January 1947 to assume the position of U.S. Secretary of State.
The Marshall House was used as a government guesthouse during the first three decades of the People's Republic. New China luminaries that have stayed here include Liu Shaoqi, Zhu De, Dong Biwu and Zhou Enlai. Foreign heads of state such as President Sukarno of Indonesia, Premier Nehru of India, President Ho Chi Minh of Vietnam and Chairman Kim Il Sung of North Korea all had the privilege of enjoying this fine house as well.
When the power of Jiang Qing ("Madam Mao") was at its peak during the "Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution" of 1966-76, the mansion was one of her favorite haunts. It was during this period that the only significant alteration to the house was made: a tower containing an elevator was added (presumably so that the aging Chairman Mao could move between floors more easily).Today Taiyuan is a "Boutique Hotel;" one of a number of historic properties managed by the state-owned Donghu Group. It is a popular spot for wedding parties, and has been featured in countless formal wedding photos.
This Dane is Really a Kiwi (New Zealander)
Dane is the doorman at the Hotel Missoni, (boutique hotel) just off The Royal Mile in Edinburgh and is a New Zealander who has lived in Edinburgh for some years now. He is a very pleasant young man and Mags and I often talk to him when we pass the hotel where he works. The bar at the Hotel Missoni is a pleasant place to have an early evening drink and watch Edinburgh's beautiful people (which doesn't include us dammit). We think he really suits that Missoni pattern kilt and I'm sure the ladies agree? The original photo I posted of him a few years ago, adorned the Hotel Missoni office for a while and the girls there teased him about being their resident beefcake. Relax ladies because Dane is already married!
ala moana hotel reservations
tn bed and breakfast
inn at biltmore
corona de granada hotel granada
hotel eden rembrandt square amsterdam
hotel el conquistador en puerto rico
salisbury green hotel
country inns and suites